I can’t believe a year has passed by already. I am sad to say goodbye to my title as it has meant a lot to me and was an experience of a lifetime I will never forget. I was proud to be crowned Miss Teenage Victoria and represent my hometown in the National Miss Teenage Canada competition in August 2015. I met many kind, smart, and talented young ladies across Canada through this experience and gained new friends that I will forever cherish.
I was also fortunate to have the opportunity to volunteer and support many children’s charities, and through car washes, bottle drives and selling chocolate bars I was able to raise $2300.00 for Free the Children. I would like to thank everyone who supported me, especially my friends and family who helped me along this journey through their sponsorship, donations, and fundraising help – I would not have been able to do it without you! Special mention to:
- Ashley Sophia Photography
- Richelle Buckingham, Karen Clark Dance Studio
- Brad Maclaren, Sotheby’s International Realty
- Tim Curry, Langford Canadian Tire
- Gary Brown & Linda Clark, Sutton Group WestCoast Realty
- Gina Savard, Everything Wine, Millstream Village
- Family, Friends, and Neighbours!
I would like to extend my congratulations to the 2016 delegates and I wish them much success in the year ahead. Take time to savor this opportunity and be your own kind of beautiful!
With much gratitude, Alicia Maclaren xo