From the moment I was crowned Miss Teenage Victoria I have been blessed with an amazing journey – one filled with lots of love and support from many, many people. There have been lots of well-wishers cheering me on and genuinely excited for me and wanting me to succeed and do well. I have also had support from those closest to me by supporting me through sponsorship, donations, and participating in my fundraising efforts.
This blog post is for all of those people who have helped me along this path. I wish to celebrate all of you and I can’t say thank you enough for your kind support. You have truly made this amazing experience even better for being apart of it!!
Ashley Sophia Photography
- Ashley did a photo shoot of me with my sash and crown at Royal Roads University and the pictures are amazing! Ashley you are sooo talented!
- Visit her on Facebook – Ashley Sophia Photography
Richelle Buckingham, Faculty and Choreographer, Karen Clark Dance Studio
- I was so excited to work with Miss Richelle (below – in black top) – she is an amazing choreographer and have always wanted to do a lyrical or contemporary solo with her! She is helping me to get ready for the talent night gala August 8th
- KCDS is like my second family – visit them at Karen Clark Dance Studio
Brad Maclaren, Sotheby’s International Realty
- Uncle Brad (as I know him 🙂 ) is an award winning Realtor with Sotheby’s International. He supported me in my first quest to be crowned Miss Teenage Victoria 2015 and is a Silver sponsor for my journey to Miss Teenage Canada!
- Visit his website – Brad Maclaren
Tim Curry, Langford Canadian Tire
- This local business owner is very active in our community and supports many charities and I love that dogs are always welcome in his store. When in the store you can also have a visit with his dog Soleil.
- Below is a picture of Mr. Curry and his wife giving a customer donation cheque to the SPCA earlier this year (cred: Goldstream Gazette):
Gary Brown and Linda Clark, Sutton Group WestCoast Realty
- Uncle Gary (yes another uncle in real estate!) and his lovely lady Linda Clark (also a realtor) are with Sutton Group WestCoast Realty. My Uncle Gary started his own successful real estate company years ago. They are also Silver sponsors for my journey to Miss Teenage Canada!
- Visit their website – SmartMove Team
- I went to school with Gina’s daughter and she is another member of our community that is always doing something for others! Thank you for supporting me with a donated gift basket!
More amazing family –
- Uncle Victor and Auntie Tanya
- Grampa Ed and Granny Judy
- Grampa Jim and Granny Carolyn
- Grandma Sandy
Thank you for all of your support in this journey! I love you all so much!!
I also received a silent donation from a business in my community and for that I am truly grateful and respect their wish to not be publically acknowledged.
My Fundraising Efforts –
Thank you to everyone who helped or supported me in my fundraising efforts! I sold chocolate bars, and did a car wash, and a bottle drive. I could not have done it without the help of my family, friends and neighbours. Thanks also to my mom’s friends at work for loving chocolate so much!!!
“As with any journey, who you travel with can be more important than your destination”.
THANK YOU for being apart of my journey!!
Love Alicia xo